Friday, August 17, 2007

Some great quotes from class

These are from my lecturer. He objects very much to being called a lecturer, since he's running the class as a dialogue instead, so maybe I should call him the dialogue facilitator. The ones below in quotes, I'm pretty sure I wrote down just the way he said them.

"I can’t give you knowledge. The system we’re sitting in is a cultural system that assumes it’s possible for you to get knowledge from me."

"Culture is a knowledge management system."

"My idea as a thinker is that it’s not possible to transmit knowledge. But... knowledge is being transmitted all the time."

Dialogue is a sharing of minds. A lecture is not.

"Knowledge formation is not about how things organize themselves in your head." Knowledge formation is how we organize ourselves to manage knowledge.

How do you position yourself with respect to knowledge? The cultural regulations that govern how knowledge is managed are what is really transmitted in schooling.

The system constructs and delimits our interactions. Some things cannot be thought about in this system, in a European-style classroom.

Power differences are built into the way the educational system is set up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home