When I knock, there's an answer
Here's a dream I had last night:
I was in a circle of people, and we were all doing some technique to enter an altered state of consciousness. My friend Bobby, from California, was showing us the technique. I don't remember who the other people in the circle were. I don't think it involved any kind of substance or drug, I think it was a ceremony and some kind of meditation, but it's all a bit fuzzy in my head now. The state we entered was a beautiful, ecstatic state, and I found myself saying, "Yes, this is what I've been missing; this is why I've felt like I'm in exile, because I haven't felt this way in a long time." After the circle, I thanked Bobby for bringing me back to this state. He said that he had just got there by following through on things I had told him about my friend Jeremy's books. It seemed strange, that he should have got there by following things that I had pointed him towards, and then been able to lead me back to that state. The causality seemed all tangled up.
Then to hear Kerry Arabena's talk today, and to have the possibility of continuing to write and publish with the group of students in this class, to bring into being in the world some never-before-seen thing. The land is not silent: today the ground is fairly singing under my feet.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home